Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Monday 15 October 2018

Skincare Routine Using Dermalogica


One of my new year's resolutions for 2018 was to improve my skincare routine and I've always wanted to be one of those people who double cleanse. I was lucky enough to receive a range of Dermalogica products to try - which I'm very grateful for. 

Dermalogica is a gorgeous brand and it's all cruelty-free and vegetarian as well as some products being vegan, gluten-free, paraben free and fragance free. Therefore anyone can find a product they can try and enjoy! 




Precleanse*


This is a deep-cleansing oil which melts impurities and makeup from skin.I'm a big fan of the formulation as contains Rise Bran and Vitamin E Oil to help cleanse the skin as well as makes my skin feel so soft. The oils help to clear any pores and to nourish skin.
I apply 2 pumps of this for my whole face and eyes and apply it in small circular movements. It's really quick to take off my makeup, then I apply some water which creates a milky emulsion which then I just wash off with a Liz Earle cloth. 




Special Cleansing Gel*

For the second stage of my cleanse, I apply a small amount of the cleansing gel onto my PMD Clean* or to my hands. I apply it with a bit of water to create a lather all over my face.  The cleanser contains calming Balm Mint and lavender extracts which soothes the skin, as well as, natural Quillaja Saponaria which gently foams away toxins and debris. 
Honestly, my skin has never felt so clean after using these two products. It feels especially good on the days when I wear more makeup!  



Daily Microfoliant*

This was probably the product I found the most interesting and intriguing. I'm not a frequent exfoliant used as they've always been too harsh on my skin. Therefore I felt like a tomato after or I've damaged my skins surface more than helped. But this one has a unique Rice-based powder formula which activated with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. It also has a Skin Brightening Complex which helps to balance uneven skin pigmentation while a super-soothing blend of Green Tea, Ginkgo and Colloidal Oatmeal helps to calm the skin. Because of all these lovely ingredients, it's effective but not at all harsh on your skin. AMAZING!!


Skin Smoothing Cream*

The final step of my skincare routine is a moisturiser; one of chose is the skin smoothing cream - which has actually just been reformulated and looks amazing! But I love the formulation of the old formulation also. It's a medium weight formula which means its great for day and night - this also means that it sinks in really easily and non-greasy. The moisturiser contains a mixture of Aloe Gel, Cucumber and Arnica which helps to nourish, soothe and hydrates your skin.

I love all of these products, all gorgeous formulations and packaging. It makes your skin feel so soft, nourished and clean.

I do apologise for the lack of posts in the past few weeks, I've just started university and its been quite busy with the work, making friends and overall settling into a schedule. So hopefully in the next few weeks, I will get into a better time schedule which will leave time for me to write this blog. As I love my blog and I  can't wait to see what's next!    

Hope you like this post, please follow and comment.

Sarah X

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. They all sound lovey, as does the brand. I love a double cleanse.

    http://littlemissmelanie.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig