Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Thursday 24 October 2019

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA Serum


The Ordinary is a brand that I've wanted to try for ages; as I've heard some lovely things. Also whenever I got to Covent Gardens the shop seems packed which is probably a good sign. Over the summer I went to the Topshop on Oxford Street not realising they have an ordinary stand, so when I found it I knew I had to pick at least one thing up. So I picked up the Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA.


I have a real interest in the chemistry of cosmetics, skincare and toiletries so I had previously read and researched a lot of acids on the skin. Also which are the most beneficial for your skin and certain skin concerns. Over the heat of the summer now the cold of autumn, my skin usually gets dry and red. But I have been using the Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA it has helped my skin. Lactic acid is a natural exfoliate which stimulates cell regeneration to reduce pigmentation and diminish acne scars. I have naturally red cheeks, what some people call 'English rose complexion', which I'm usually self-conscious of and hide under makeup. But since using this serum I have noticed a difference in the pigmentation on my cheeks, obviously it's not going to disappear but my skin is looking more even-toned.

The added hydraulic acid hydrates your skin; most of my moisturising that I use contain HA as I love the hydration benefits. Hydraulic acid strengthens the lipid barrier to improve the skin’s ability to attract and retain moisture. I usually apply this every evening as part of my skincare routine and I have seen a real difference in my skin in the morning, it also feels refreshing on the skin. Another reason for applying it in the evening is because of the slight exfoliate it enhance the sensitivity to sunlight. Therefore as you are exposed to less sunlight in the evening it's calmer/better on your skin, but if you do use on day-use extra suncream is recommended. 

I love also the fact that Tasmanian pepperberry has also been added to the formulation, I never heard of this ingredient before this serum, as in I have never seen it in any other skincare. But it's a natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and also protects your skin from UV damage. 
Gladly the serum hasn't caused any irritation on the skin, as sometimes acids pH can be too acidic for your skin causing redness. So I know for some this % could be too high therefore a slightly lower would be more beneficial, however, the addition of the Tasmanian pepperberry lowers the irritation that could be caused by the acid. 

Overall I love this product, as you can probably tell like the ingredients also and the science behind it( probably also helps I do a chemistry degree!) . I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a exfoliate hydrating serum and would love to try some more of the Ordinary products.

Hope you like this post and hope you have a lovely weekend.

Please comment on whether you have tried any the Ordinary products, and is so which ones.

Sarah X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig