Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Wednesday 3 May 2017

Drugstore Prom Makeup Look - Gold Eyes and Nude Pink Lip



Hi chappes,

Today I wanted to do a full drugstore prom makeup look as I have loved watching these posts recently. And not all prom looks have to be expensive. In this post I wanted to share a gold smokey winged liner eye with a nude ink lip.




Face


Nivea Rich Moisturising Cream and Rimmel Fix and Protect Primer - this combo is amazing at hydrating the skin as well as creating a clean powerless base for foundation. 

You will probably take a lot of photos on prom day so I would recommend the L'Oreal Total Cover Foundation. It's a great full coverage, long lasting foundation with a matte finish meaning less/no flashback. To cover up any blemishes or underage circles I would highly recommend the Collection Lasting Perfect Concealer - it adds coverage, blends like a dream and doesn't crease.

To set the face I always recommend the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Translucent. It's amazing at setting out makeup and making it last all day.

To bronze/ contour I would highly recommend the Rimmel Bronzer its not to bronze or muddy and its quite natural. And to highlight I would recommend the Seventeen Shimmer Brick in Pink Bronze as it's a mixture of a blush and highlighter.

To make it stay it stay all day/night I would highly recommend setting it in to place with a setting spray. I would recommend the L'Oreal Infallible Setting Mist.

Eye and Brows 


To primer and cover any decolorisation I would recommend the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Creme De Nude its a great and long lasting. To create the golden smokey eye I would use the Rimmel 'Keep Calm and Wear Gold' Palette - the shades are very pigmented and blendable. Apply the light brown in the crease as a transition shade and the deeper brown shade to deepen the crease. Then apply the gold shade across the lid. For the inner corner and brow bone highlight - use the lightest shade of the Seventeen Shimmer Brick. 
To create the winged eyeliner I would highly recommend the L'Oreal Super Precise Eyeliner in Black. I usually start the wing with a thin line across the lash line then a wing angled in line with the end of your brow. Then join the wing to the line. (I hope that makes sense). To finish the eye with some mascara - at the moment I'm loving the L'oreal Miss Baby Roll Mascara. It creates false looking lashes - if you want to wear falsies I would recommend the Tanya Burr Cosmetic ones.

For brows - For natural ones I would recommend the Maybelline Brow Drama Gel. For a stronger brow or if you need more filling in, I would recommend the Tanya Burr Perfect Brow Palette. It contains 4 shades so great for everyone.

Lips


For the nude lip I would highly recommend a liquid lipstick and a pinky nude goes really well with a  gold eye. I love NYX Lip Lingerie in Bedtime Flirt and if you want a more glossy lip I would recommend the L'Oreal JLO Nude lipstick or Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Lunch Date.

At the moment I don't have the confidence to share a photo of this look. But I do love this look and I would recommend it.

Hope you like this post.

Please comment and follow.

Sarah X

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love your picks! I really want to try the new L'Oreal mascara!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Hannah and I'm glad you like these picks. I would highly recommend the L'Oreal mascara its amazing!
      Sarah X

      Delete
  2. I really want to try that L'oreal foundation! I really like all the products you choose xxx
    http://fallingforablog.blogspot.com.es/2017/05/instagram-inspiration-april.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Ana and I would highly recommend the L'Oreal foundation. And I'm glad you like this posts.
      Sarah X

      Delete

Blogger Template by pipdig