Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Monday 11 February 2019

First Impression: Anastasia Beverly Hill Contour Kit


I do love a bargain, or especially when makeup I've always wanted to try is on special offer. I have always wanted to try the Anastasia Beverly Hill Contour Kit, and it can be seen as a small investment piece in your makeup collection from the drugstore. So previously I have been looking for good dupes, like the NYX Pro Contour Palette. But last week I saw on Facebook an ad that Anastasia Beverly Hill Contour Kits were half price so £21 instead of £42. So the Light Medium palette was very quickly in my basket!
The palette arrived on Friday, so I have the weekend to test and try it so I wanted to share my first impressions.

Firstly, I do have to admit the palette pans were slightly smaller than expected to when I first opened it. However the pans are fairly deep, so hopefully will last a long time. On the other hand, I do like the packaging, that isn't cheap plastic which will easily break. So hopefully it would be more long lasting and I'm not getting rid of it because of the packaging which has happened to previous products.

The palette contains 6 shades, 3 base powders and 3 bronzers/contours; 
Sand - Soft beige powder 
Vanilla - Peachy banana nude 
Banana - Warm nude 
Java - Soft mocha 
Fawn - Toffee nude 
Havana - Coffee brown 


The 'Vanilla' shade is lovely to brighten under the eyes, as it has a slight banana hint, therefore, counteracts the darkness under your eyes. And as I'm a student I usually have quite bad under eye circles. Then for the rest of my face, I used a mixture of 'Sand', 'Vanilla' and 'Banana' to mattify my face. I do love the formulation of the powders as they are so fine.

Then to sculpt my face, which is one of my favourite part of my makeup I think. I used a mixture of 'Java' and 'Fawn' to create a natural, bronze sculpted look. The formulation is also fine and doesn't move the foundation underneath. As one of my pet peeves is when your foundation moves and goes all patchy when applying powders on top.


Overall I'm so happy I purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hill Contour Kit and it's amazing as I thought it would be!!! I'm looking forward to trying a lot more, probably be in some monthly favourite to come ;)

If you love ABH, check their website as they have 50% off there lip palette this week!

I hope you like this post and have a lovely week!

Please follow and comment if you have tried this palette or what your favourite contour kit is?

Sarah X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig