Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Friday 12 June 2020

Let's Talk About Serums ...


 
Serums are one of the latest additions to my skincare routine, but one of my favourites. Throughout lockdown, I've been loving doing full-on skincare routines. Whether that's trying new products as well as having the time to do a full routine. Part of my current skincare routine, I mix The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA and Dermalogica Biolumin-C Serums. 

The first serum that I bought was The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA serum (full review), it feels lovely and hydrating on the skin. The Lactic acid is a natural exfoliate which stimulates cell regeneration to reduce pigmentation and diminish acne scars. With the hydraulic acid adding moisture to my skin which has really helped my skin. I have combination skin, and recently my cheeks have been especially dry so this serum has really helped. The serum also contains Tasmanian pepperberry which protects your skin from UV damage and a natural antioxidant which is perfect for the summer warmer months. The Ordinary is also an affordable brand so this serum was only £6, I need to try more from the brand. 

This is my latest serum, the Dermalogica Biolumin-C Serum*, I'm a big fan of the vitamin C range so hydrating and brightening on the skin.  This has given my skin a lovely dewy glow, which has been perfect for the no-makeup day. This serum I apply day and night, using it in the morning really helps to plump up my skin and smoothes it out. Similar to The Ordinary serum, it also contains lactic acid to help with skin cell turnover so acting like an exfoliate. It also has antiageing properties, which to be honest at 20 years old it's not my highest priority but it always a bonus. 

Both the serums have a pipette applicator so a small pipette of each goes a long way. I usually apply it to my face as well as down my neck, as applying skincare to my neck is usually something I forget to do.  I would highly recommend both serums, so nice and hydrating on the skin. Also, perfect adding a glow to your skin. 

Does anyone have any serum recommendation??  As I'm always on the lookout on trying more skincare. 

Hope you have a lovely weekend,

Sarah X



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig