Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Monday 22 July 2019

Summer Bold Lip Edit 2019


Guess who's back! haha, I decided to take a little break from social media and blogging but today I'm back with my 'Summer Bold Lip Edit'. I'm usually a nude lip sort of girl but I do love a bold lip in the summer with a natural eye. 



There's 3 sorts of bold lip I like is Berry, Red and Bright Pink. As well as different formuations; lipstick, lip gloss and matte liquid lipstick.

Berry lips are more of a winter lip but I do sometimes wear it in summer as it does suit my pale skin tone. The three berry lips I have in my collection is the 'Rimmel Kate Moss 07' and 'Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Bewitching' and the 'Sleek Matte Lip in Velvet Slipper '. For the summer time I usually wear the lipgloss over a nude lip for more of a subtle bold lip.

Red lips are more of a classic and sophiscated bold lip. I feel like there is always something quite chic in wearing a red lip. There are a variety of undertoned red lips as well on the market; some pink toned, orange toned, brown toned as well as some pure red. I usually lean towards the more pinky undertoned reds
or post box red haha. The purest red I've got is the 'L'Oreal Colour Riche 461' and the 'Tanya Burr Liquid Lip in Christmas Stocking'. The L'Oreal lip is more of a creamy formulation which I like especially in the heat. I love this with a simply makeup, glams up any look. A more subtle red is the Soap and Glory Matte Lip in Choccoberry, a red lip with brown undertones which suit my skin tone really nicely.

Out of all three, bold pink lips are probably my favourite - more me! My favourite pink lip is the 'Benefit They're Real! Double The Lip & Liner In One Travel Sized Mini in 'Pink Thrills' which is a lip stick and liner in one. So so simply to apply and use and as it's a mini perfect handbag/small bag fit. The pigmentation of the lip is so lovely.

The photo below shows seom of the swatches of the bold lips mentioned; group in colour order.


Hope you like post and are having a lovely Monday!

Please comment on your favourite bold summer lips.

Sarah X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig