Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Friday 8 March 2019

Testing Zoella X Colourpop Makeup Collection


Happy International Women's Day!!! One of my favourite girl bosses is Zoe Sugg so 'Zoella', and she recently collaborated with Colourpop. I've always wanted to try Colourpop and I thought it was a great opportunity to try a few of the products, especially as it was free worldwide shipping.

I've watched Zoe's channel since I was 13 so 5 ish year, it's been amazing to see the opportunities she's had including this brand collabaortion. Zoe's channel along with some other started my love of makeup and beauty and that anyone can create amazing looks without training so I was so excited to ba able to get my hands on some of the products.


The brunch theme of the collaboration is so cute, the packaging and the shades are so me!! I decided to pick up one of the liquid eyeshadows, pressed highlighter and a liquid lip. I would have loved to have tried the palette also, but I think I've quite a few palettes already however this could change ;)


Liquid Eyeshadows are my go to in spring and summer as it can create quick and easy looks. As the shadow can be placed directly on the lid and blended across the lid with some bronzer in the crease. The shade 'Bellini' intermediately stood out to be as it's metallic rose gold, which is one of my favourite eye shades. It creates a gorgeous sparkly shade that really compliments my green eyes.


I do love a good highlighter, especially in the summer months to add some glow into my skin. Therefore when I saw Swipe Right Highlighter, I added to straight to my basket. The packaging is super cute, with a slightly raised heart and the pink. The added mirror in the palette makes it great for travelling.   The highlighter is a soft peach with a pink duochrome flex. The formulation is lovely and blends really nicely onto the skin, to add a natural glow which can be built up. When I first saw it I was wary about the shade thinking it was too dark for my skin, however, it's not. I do think it will look lovely on more skin tones



I do love matte liquid lipsticks, however, they can be fairly drying but I had heard a lot of lovely things about the Colourpop formulation. Out of the three that Zoe released in the collection,  @Me stood out. As I do love a pink lip and this lipstick is a dusty pink mauve, which compliments most of my makeup looks. The applicator is also really easy to use, to create the perfect lip shade and shade is similar to my Charlotte Tilbury Pillowtalk lip liner therefore perfect match!


Overall I'm really pleased with 3 products I purchased from the collection, I would love to try more of the Zoella x Colourpop collection. The photo below shows the swatches of the 3 products on my fair skin. The lipstick looks slightly darker on my arm compared to my lips.

Hope you like this post.

Please follow and comment if you have purchased anything more the Zoella x Colourpop collection.

Sarah X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig