Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Monday 10 September 2018

What I Use For My Blog Flatlays

Photography is something I love to do and blogging is another, so I've been trying to improve my blogging photos over the past few months. Instagram is one of my favourite types of social media and I have had some lovely comments recently on my photos, so I wanted to share the things I use for my flatlays.  


For the background of all my flatlays, I use Wall Paper (samples - so free!!!) Wall Paper is great for backdrops as they don't have back flash and easy to layer. At the moment, my favourite is the marble on as its gorgeous but I also love the stripe one. Also as its paper, it can sit on any surface and transport so can take it wherever.


Accessories are also a necessity for me to add to the products, whether that's plants, ribbon or candles. The plants are usually faux - the one in the photo is from New Look but I've also used plants from Home Sense. I love pink so I always try to add some into my photos so there is some sort of theme!! Ribbon, kinda of, creates links in photos - I think to make it more than just products. Candles look cute and quite girly, the jars also add some different colours and textures. The candles pictured were actually gifts so I'm not sure where they came from.


I do to level the products so I like to use Trinkets Dishes to place products usually lipsticks! Dishes are also great for items which tend to roll or not stay in one place whilst taking pictures. My usual/the only dish I have is the Zoella lifestyle dish with the rose gold eyelashes.


Finally, similar to the trinket dish, Magazines are a must to add levels to a photo as well as colour. I also to get magazines most commonly Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Elle, Vogue or Blogosphere Magazine. I either use the front cover or certain pages for individual products. My favourite is the effect of a fan of a few magazines showing a range of colours and covers. 


Hope you like this post and hope you have a lovely day!

Please follow and comment on what your blog props are!

Sarah X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig