Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Monday 22 January 2018

Struggling To Stay Motivated Blogging?



I do have to admit I've been struggling with my blog recently - staying motivated and creating new posts. I've nearly been blogging for 2 years and at the moment my page views lower than usual and I've been questioning what I'm doing wrong with my blog as I feel like I'm not progressing.

So in today's post, I wanted to share a few things I do to stay motivated whilst blogging and enjoy it. 


Don't compare yourself to other bloggers





This is something I have really been struggling with over the last 2 years. As I've never been the blogger who works with lots of brands and constantly gets emails or blogger mail. I know that's not what blogging is about but it would be nice to feel like my blog is good enough to work with brands that I love. So over the last few months, I have learnt don't to concentrate on that and just enjoy your blog and whatever happens happens. And enjoy creating content you love. Similarly, peoples socials and blogs grow at different speeds and DONT WORRY ABOUT NUMBERS!!! Whether its 100 or 100k those people have chosen to follow you.



Write Content You Like to Read

If you can't think what to write, write the posts you like to read or write posts on products to like to use. In the past, I have been inspired to write a similar post to ones I've read.


Take Small Breaks

Small breaks to get back creativity is fine - I've had small breaks and I feel so much more motivated when I return to blogging. As I have new ideas - for Christmas I got a Blogger Journal from Paperchase. The Journal is really useful to write ideas and list post ideas and products I would love to try.


Hope you like this post. Sorry if this post is a bit of a ramble and I hope other bloggers understand. Please comment any other tips you've got to stay motivated blogging and please follow.

Sarah X


SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Loved this! I can often feel unmotivated because I compare my blog to others. Some really good advice here though x
    Liv
    livwrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Liv and I'm glad you like this post as I was quite nervous to post it. But I'm so glad others do it too.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  2. You're so right! Never compare your self to anyone, you are you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Alice and I totally agree that you are you X
      Sarah X

      Delete
  3. Such a relatable post Sarah! It's so easy to get caught up in comparing your blog to someone else's and trying to stay motivated but you've got some awesome tips! If you don't mind I'm going to share this post on my Pinterest xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Angela and it would be amazing if you shared it on Pinterest - thank you Xx And I'm so glad this post is relatable X
      Sarah X

      Delete
  4. I often go through phases of having no inspiration, I love looking on Pinterest to spark some ideas!
    Emma | emmadrury.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Emma and I will definitely look at Pinterest for inspiration in the future - thank you X
      Sarah X

      Delete
  5. I feel like not comparing yourself to other bloggers is so important, everyones style is different! x

    Han | lifewithhan.blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Han and that is so true - everyones style is different so it is important not to compare.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  6. I can so relate to this post! I am struggling massively to stay motivated with blogging at the moment!
    Nicole x http://www.nicoleannx.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Nicole and I'm so glad you relate with this post. And same, I'm struggling with my motivation too at the moment.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  7. These are such good tips! It can be so hard to stay motivated sometimes!

    Shauna | http://diariesofadramatic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Shauna and I'm glad you like these tips.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  8. This is some great advice! I agree with not comparing yourself to other bloggers - it will only get you down! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Chloe and I'm glad you like this advice.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  9. this is fantastic advice, I am always comparing myself to others and its such a hard thing not to do x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and I'm glad you like this advice - I totally agree comparing yourself is a hard thing not to do.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  10. A great post that as bloggers we can all relate too and words we all need to hear sometimes.

    http://littlemissmelanie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Mel and that means a lot as I was quite nervous posting this post.
      Sarah X

      Delete

Blogger Template by pipdig