Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Monday 12 March 2018

What Makeup And Beauty Means To Me


I have loved makeup and beauty for quite a while - one of the main reasons I started my blog was to find similar minded people who love makeup and beauty.



I have never been the most confident of people - always the shy one fo the group and don’t particularly like taking photos of myself. But makeup for me is something that gives me a confidence as well as showing my creative. As I cant draw or paint that well but after a lot go practice I can do winged eyeliner and create a range of eye makeup looks.  

One story I remember on a school ski trip we had a 27-hour coach journey and I took my makeup off when all the lights are out on the coach so no one could see that I took my makeup off. As soon I finished taking my makeup off we stopped at a service station - I was so self-conscious walking around a service station with no makeup. I know it sounds sad but hardly any of my friends have seen me without makeup and they could be every imperfection I cover up. I have to far come a long way since then - I do have days wear a wear much less makeup than I did and still feel confident. 

Makeup and Beauty is also an escape for me - I love watching Youtube makeup tutorial or any beauty video, PatrickStarrr and NIkkieTutorials are 2 of my fave makeup youtubers. Whenever I’m having a bad day I watch one of these videos and it makes me feel much better as I’m concentrating what’s on the video and not what happened during the day. Same as int he evenings I sully look through websites like  Beauty Bay or Debenhams Beauty to see if there are any new products that I may want to any other products I can read reviews on before buying it.  Looking, watching and reading about makeup and beauty products is something I enjoy doing and I personally find quite relaxing. As you don’t like looking at a pretty palette (like the new ABH one - gorgeous) or a gorgeous lipstick (the new Dior ones :0) 

So overall makeup and beauty is something that gives me confidence but also I enjoy and find relaxing.

It would be amazing if you could comment ‘What Makeup and Beauty Means to Me’ as I would to hear what your thoughts are.

I hope you like this post and have a lovely day.


Sarah X 

SHARE:

26 comments

  1. This is such an inspirational post. I am shy as well and dont really realize how often I wear makeup to give me more confidence. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and thats so sweet - means a lot.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  2. Makeup can really help confidence. It's such an inspiration that you've shared this. Totally with you that looking through new releases is great xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenitng Hannah and means alot. And the new section on websites are the best but also quite bad on my bacnk account! :)
      Sarah X

      Delete
  3. I definitely agree, makeup does give you so much confidence!

    Candice | beautycandyloves.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Candice and thats the power of makeup to give us more confidence.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  4. Love this post!! I love applying makeup and taking my time to do it. It gives me so much confidence as well. It’s amazing how it makes you feel 100x better about yourself and I come out of my little shell haha! X

    www.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Megan and I'm glad you like this post - means a lot X It's true - its amazing how your confidence increases with makeup.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  5. I was the exact same in school. I have different colour pigmentation on my face, nothing striking, just something I've always been self conscious of. It took me until I had my daughter to stop wearing and covering my face every single day. Now I do it when I feel like it or if I'm going out. It's a confidence thing and my relationship with makeup is a lot better now than it ever was. I'm now expressing myself rather than trying to hide.

    Lisa | www.ohluna.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Lisa and I'm glad I not the only one who feels this way. Thats amazing to hear your story.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  6. I feel like makeup does give us a lot more confidence, on the days I wear it I feel so much better about myself. I also love trying new products and creating new looks! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Katrina and creating new looks and new products are 2 of my favourite things to do.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  7. Really love this blog post babe, so honest and well-written. Thank you for sharing 🌸✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie x | www.alishavalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Alisha and I'm really glad you like this post - its means a lot.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  8. Makeup has always given me confidence too! I love it because it's a creative outlet x

    Gemma Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Gemma and I love makeup as a creative outlet too.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  9. I personally think there’s nothing wrong with using makeup to make you more confident, especially if it helps you eventually learn to be more comfortable without it too!
    Emma | emmadrury.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Emma and I'm glad you think there's nothing wrong with using makeup for confidence as some people think its quite sad (which makes me more self conscious)
      Sarah X

      Delete
  10. Love this post Sarah! I’m exactly the same. When I put my little girl to bed makeup and tutorials is my ‘down time’ and kind of an escape from normality. Great post xxx


    Http://www.whathayleythinks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Hayley and I'm glad you love this post - it honestly mean a lot.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  11. Fab post! I love YouTube tutorials. I could watch them forever.

    http://littlemissmelanie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Mel and I'm glad you like this post - its means a lot.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  12. I related to absolutely everything written in this post, so it was really nice reading about someone else who sees makeup as more of an outlet than just something to look pretty with. PS. Nikki and Patrick are amazing, lately I've been loving Desi and Manny too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Angela and I'm so glad this post - it honestly means a lot. I love Manny too but I haven heard of Desi I will definitely have a look.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  13. Aw I love this post! Makeup and beauty to me is just a fun way of being creative and enhancing your natural features!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Shauna and I'm glad you like this post - means a lot.
      Sarah X

      Delete

Blogger Template by pipdig