Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Wednesday 1 March 2017

American Style Pancake Recipe


Hi chappes,

Yesterday was Pancake Day which is a great day - so today I wanted to share this AMAZING pancake recipe which you can use all year round. As well as some incredible topping options.


The pancake recipe is Jamie Oliver 'American Pancake Stylie' which was highly recommend by Zoella on her channel and blog.

Ingredients

3 large free-range eggs 
115 g plain flour 
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder 
140 ml milk

Method

First separate the eggs, putting the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another. 
Add the flour, baking powder and milk to the yolks and mix to a smooth thick batter. 
Whisk the whites with 1 pinch of sea salt until they form stiff peaks, then fold into the batter – it is now ready to use.
Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat, pour some of the batter into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes, or until it starts to look golden and firm. 
At this point sprinkle your chosen flavouring (see below) onto the uncooked side before loosening with a spatula and flipping the pancake over. Continue frying until both sides are golden.
You can make these pancakes large or small, depending on what you prefer.



My range of toppings were:
Mini Marshmallows
Sugar
ThomasHaas Hazelnut Chocolate Spread (It tastes SOO GOOD)
Maple Syrup
Raspberry Jam
Fruit - Grapes, Bananas and Raspberries  


This was my pancake - a thin spread of chocolate spread, sprinkled with fruit, marshmallows  and drizzle of maple syrup.

I would highly recommend this recipe and these toppings.

Please comment your favourite pancake toppings and follow.

Sarah X

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oooe yum pancakes , they look delicious

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and they are soo yummy. I would highly recommend making them.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  2. I have never tried American style pancakes...I really should some day. My fav topping is just home made marmalade...that's what I use with regular pancakes.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Ivana X These were the first American pancake I have ever made and they are soo good. I have never tried marmalade on pancakes before but I will try it next time.
      Sarah X

      Delete
  3. These look amazing! I love your choice of toppings too, on pancake day I stay traditional with the good old lemon and sugar! x

    http://luxuryblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Hannah and I'm glad you like the look of these. And I love the the traditional lemon and sugar as well its soo tasty.
      Sarah X

      Delete

Blogger Template by pipdig