Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Sunday 18 December 2016

Blogmas 18: Christmas Cake Recipe and Decoration



Hi chappes,

Today I wanted to share with you another recipe - my Christmas cake recipe. Some may be thinking its a bit late to make a Christmas cake but this is simple and easy. And doesn't need weeks to soak in alcohol.
I will also share how I make decorated mine this year as well.




Cake Ingredients
225g Margarine/Butter
225g Sugar
4 Eggs
500g Dried Fruit
Rind of 2 Lemons/Oranges
1/2 tsp of Cinnamon and Mixed Spice
225g Plain Flour
50g Mixed Peel (optional)
20g Cherries (optional)
50g Ground Almonds (optional)


Decorations
500g Marizpan
3-4 tbsp Apricot Jam
500g White Fondant Icing
Colour Colourings 
Ribbon


1. Preheat oven to 130C
2.Mix all the cake ingredients together till well combined
3. Place the cake mixture in a 7 inch round tin and bake for 2-3 hours till cooked.
4. When the cake is fully cooled, brush the apricot jam around the cake.
5. Roll the marzipan til the size of the cake. And place and shape the marzipan around the cake - till flat and smooth. Cut any excess marzipan 
6. Then roll the white icing till a similar icing and place on top of the marzipan. And shape it around the cake - will flat and smooth. Cut any excess icing.
7. Use the excess icing to create decorations. (I split the icing in to 2/3 green and 1/3 red. Roll the green icing and I used a ivy stamp for the local cooking store to cut out ivy icing pieces. I placed the holly around the top of circumference of the cake. Then use  the red icing to create the holly pieces by rolling small pieces of the icing.)
8. To finish I wrapped the ribbon around the circumference of the cake.

Hope you like this post. And I would love if make it to tweet me X

Please comment and follow.

Sarah X



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig