Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Saturday 26 November 2016

Comparing 5 Black Kohl Pencils


Hi chappes,

Today I wanted to compare 5 black kohl pencils I have got in my collection:
Rimmel Soft Kohl Pencil
Seventeen Black Kohl Pencil
Lancome Le Crayon Khôl in 01 Noir
Helen E Soft Black Pencil
Model Co Black Eye Pencil



Rimmel Soft Kohl Pencil
Packaging: 6/10
Colour: 7/10
Formula: 8/10

I'm a big fan of Rimmel and this kohl pencil doesn't disappoint. This has a lovely cream formula and opaque, so you don't have to press hard on your eye to get an intense colour. The packaging is quite basic and half the writing as come off. But its hard plastic so is very hard to break.

Seventeen Black Kohl Pencil
Packaging: 5/10
Colour: 8/10
Formula: 5/10

The colour of the pencil is very black which is good however the formula is quite chalky. The formula does smudge a bit and it can cause some fall out. The packaging isn't the best as it has a thin plastic lid which has broken so the pencil doesn't have must protection from breaking or getting product all my makeup storage or bag.


Lancome Le Crayon Khôl in 01 Noir
Packaging: 9/10
Colour: 8/10
Formula: 8/10

I received this is a Lance Christmas set and this is probably the best kohl pencil I have ever used - for a start the packaging is gorgeous with the gold cap and the gold writing. It has a creamy formula with a intense black colour. And it doesn't smudge or cause panda eyes. 


Helen E Soft Black Pencil
Packaging: 7/10
Colour: 5/10
Formula: 7/10

I picked this up at The Clothes Show - which is the first place I have ever seen a Helen E stand. The packaging is quite nice - with durable plastic packaging and has silver writing that seem to not come off. It has the least intense colour which can be good for a natural look but if you want an intense black shade you can to put on a few layers on press quite hard on your eye which isn't very good.

Model Co Black Eye Pencil

Packaging: 8/10
Colour: 8/10
Formula: 8/10

This came free with a magazine and it was the first time I have ever seen or hear of a Model Co products. But I has a nice formula and an intense colour. The packaging is again very nice with the black and the white writing.

For a high end black kohl pencil I would recommend the Lancome Kohl Pencil and the drugstore one I would recommend is the Rimmel Sort Kohl Pencil.

I hope you like this post.

Please comment your favourite kohl pencil and please follow.

Sarah X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig