Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

Monday 21 November 2016

Pixiwoo Presents Hollywood Icons DVD



Hi chappes,

Today I wanted to talk about Sam and Nic Chapman's film 'Pixiwoo Presents Hollywood Icons'. It arrived the other day and basically as  soon as it arrived I watched it.



I have always been a fan of Pixiwoo since I started watching Youtube over 3 years ago so when they said they were producing a film - it was pre ordered. When it arrived I was literally jumping up and down as I have been waiting for over 2 months since I pre ordered it.

I love this film, the film is about the makeup looks of Hollywood stars like Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hephurn. 
Sam and Nic go to LA and they look at the history of all the 8 ladies. And the price these ladies had to pay to create these iconic looks - whether it was being controlled by their managers or people editing the way you look.
At the end of each women they create a makeup look based on their look- which is really easy to create. Like Josephine Baker smokey eye and dark lip and the iconic Audrey Hephurn natural look. 
I love the ending scenes - Sam and Nic look so pretty in the back drop of St Paul's Cathedral.

This DVD also comes with a blush brush which is gorgeous and a perfect addition to my makeup brush collection. And the pattern on the brush links in with the packaging of the DVD. 

Every person in this DVD to me is inspiring - all the Hollywood Icons as well as Pixiwoo. And I learnt loads for this DVD and i would definitely watch it again. 

I would highly recommend this DVD if you can find it.

Please comment and follow.

Sarah X
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've never watched their youtube videos but I do love their brushes! That's cool that they came out with a movie (and an exclusive brush) The history of makeup has intrigued me thanks to Lisa Eldridge so I totally want to check this one out... plus the brush is so pretty :) Thanks for the rec!

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Sharmili - I would highly recommend Pixiwoo they do amazing makeup tutorials. The brush is gorgeous and I'm glad you like the review-it means a lot.
      Sarah X

      Delete

Blogger Template by pipdig